Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mumbai ki sawaari



My 'Mumbai ki Sawaari' created indelible memories,
What earlier seemed mundane, now seemed an interesting novelty.
Memories of dad feeding a fattened crow brun maska, was a lot of fun,
and sometimes the lucky crow got desi ghee fried eggs or jam smeared buns.
Lunch at a friend's house made me relive my school days
Where we five gals chatted over finger licking choley bhatures.
We all felt time had stood still with our incessant chatter and laughter,
The distance of me being 2000 kms  away, didn't really matter.
Enjoyed watching the crappiest movie 'Cocktail' with two of my favourite girlfriends,
Where we laughed and criticized the movie and filmmaker from beginning to end.
Followed by chinese at Sahibaan and coffee at Andoras
We talked and talked and talked and didn't count the passing hours.
Caught up with my old HSBC gang of girls,
and gorged on the yummiest vada pavs and Puran polis on that side of Amchi world.
What was also pleasurable was time spent with both the Daji and Rangel families,
where my toddler was spoilt rotten by the grandpas and grannies.
On this trip, the cutest lil guy stole my heart away
this nine month old's smiles and laughter made my trip,an extra special holiday.
His grumbling at his mommy for the Kung pao potatoes and mongolian pot rice,
made me realise he's going to be a foodie, like his parents alright!
It was a wonderful Tuesday afternoon spent with the kids and two school buddies,
where everything was so straight and simple and needed no formalities.
Lunch with the brother at Jaihind, was indeed an unforgettable one
where we ran over a kilometer in the pouring rain 
and relished the steamed stuffed pomfrets, tawa prawns, surmais and our own sibling fun.
All good things came to an end and so did this memorable holiday,
But better things were in store, my hearth and heart, Nigel,waiting for me faraway.
I guess he didn't miss me as much as the home cooked food,
Eating different types of eggs and sausage pavs for dinner don't always taste that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment