Friday, December 6, 2013

RIP Nelson



RIP Nelson adorns walls on Facebook and every social site
He had said,” It ain’t matter if you’re black or white,
As long as you have a good heart and a good head and you do what’s right.”

But, today as I took a walk along the beach, I faced a great irony,
Where, the ‘whites’ were getting a sun tan in the sweltering heat at three.
And as I looked away, I saw Sharukh Khan smiling from a billboard at me
Silently whispering, “Kaaley hain toh kya hua,
Fair and Lovely use karo and you’ll be chikna and gora or gori gori.”

And, on this humorous note I bid farewell to Nelson Mandela, the great
Sir, please do request the almighty for more stalwarts like you,
Hurry....don’t delay as black or white, caste or creed discrimination......that’s our global fate.


Picture courtesy: comicvine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment