Saturday, November 26, 2011

The woes of fat ole' me

Christmas is round the corner and I'm still as fat as can be,
I look like a well rounded snowman standing against a thin fir tree.
I thought I had lost some weight with all the chores and exercise,
But seems the weighing scales everywhere I go seem to tell me lies.
I have to fit into the Versace black dress, I saw at the shopping mall,
But if I try it now, I'll look like a well fed hippopotamus, really very tall.
Sometimes I stare at my wedding picture and heave a deep sad sigh,
Is that me the good looking chick, standing near that handsome guy.
Now I understand my toddler's puzzled look when he stares at that picture too,
He's actually wondering "Is that dad with someone else?" or "Is that really you?".
I've decided to zip my mouth and finally hit the gym,
I've got to loose the extra weight to look svelte and slim.
But Christmas is round the corner along with the goodies too,
How can I resist such scrumptious treats, Oh God what do I do?
"Don't worry" I smile to myself, "Christmas is a festive occasion"
" Few days more then its new year, why don't I make losing weight my NEW YEAR RESOLUTION". ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment