Friday, April 20, 2012

Shifting homes.....


Shifting to a new house, think again!!
It is exciting but indeed a big pain..
The movers and packers have shifted all to flat 806 from flat 101
But now the real work for me has begun.
The drawing room has to be set up, the curtains, the Television,the dining table and chairs,
The kitchen with it's utensils, crockery, cutlery and silverware.
The thought itself has made me disheartened and tired,
But I've got to pep myself up, got to get myself wired!
There's still so much more work to do,
Set up our bedroom and Mikhail's room too!!
His car bed and wardrobe and toys to be put in his little car cupboard
Hope at the end of the day, I don't turn into grumpy old Mother Hubbard.
The soaps, shampoos and towels have to be placed in the bathrooms,
And after clearing all the mess, the floors have to be vacuumed.
Thank God the Tv and Internet connection were set up pretty quickly,
Else I wouldn't be able to write this blog so very swiftly.
But once everything is set and all is clean and put in place,
I can feel a satisfied smile creeping up on my face.
On hindsight, moving to a new home seems to be fun,
Lucky to have husband helping, as two hands always better than one!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment