Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Birthday Poem to My Mother-in-Law..


It's said if you unscramble MOTHER-IN-LAW, you get WOMAN HITLER,
but my mother-in-law is a far cry  from it,
so to the above saying, I do not adhere.
She cannot take the place of my mother,
but she's a mother to me in her own way,
She's after all the husband's mother.... what more can I say.

Cause' if my husband has turned out the way he has....
a truly wonderful  human being,
then full credit goes to his mum,
because she's the one who rocked his cradle, 
the one behind the scenes.
She selflessly cooks and works till she drops,
a typical mom, all loving, caring and kind.
She pampers us all from husband to grandson,
but never ever seems to mind.

She's no Niharika of Bade Ache Lagte Hain,
or a "Monster-in-Law", Jane Fonda
But a better Saasu Maa than that of  Mona Singh's,
of Kya hua Tera Vaada.

No, I've not written this blog to butter her up or add Amul Maska,
I just want to wish her only the best on her birthday
and tell her I'm proud to be the "Rangel Bahu"
of this wonderful lady..my " Saasu Maa"!


No comments:

Post a Comment