Monday, October 8, 2012

"Chapati" Making and Geometry....what a similarity!!

Chapati making and Geometry are so similar you see,
both involve making shapes,
which is and has always been, a daunting task for me.
In geometry you have to draw circles based on radius,
 where diameter =2R and 2Pi R= Circumference,
but in the case of chapatis, 
you roll out dough based on your own approximate inference.

You make small balls to roll out into flat roundels or discs.
But sadly,  in this art of preparing chapatis,
 I haven't achieved "culinary bliss".
This flat unleavened bread has been made in various shapes and odd ways,
from countries to continents, to rectangles, to trapeziums,
and also hearts, which I've now reserved only for Valentine's day.
I know I was dreadful in geometry and till this day too
I remember not completing the SSC test paper,
Oh Geometry ...how I hated you!!

But whoever thought that geometry was ever needed in the kitchen,
if chapati is known as "unleavened" flat bread,
why leaven it or shape it when you can enjoy it best..... uneven!!

No comments:

Post a Comment