Friday, March 29, 2013

An eventful " Good Friday"


Today is Good Friday
a day where Christians fast and pray.
But I spent my morning this Good Friday,
doing a "good service" to my son,
if I may proudly say!

We parents have to prepare an Easter hat
for the Egg hunt and Mad hatter's tea party on  Easter Sunday.
The hat had to be colourful and fanciful,
unique in every way.

So I cut up a black chart paper
and made a black hat.
But realized later than sooner,
black is not colourful,
as a matter of fact.

Then I cut up some yellow, blue and orange paper
and made eggs of different sizes and shapes
Some were small like that of hens
and some slim and long,like that of snakes.

Then I glued them on the hat,
it looked " Colourful" indeed.
In school, I found art and craft not my cup of tea,
but, with this paper hat,
I was mighty pleased.

I cut up some more paper
and made a little flag.
It read " Happy Easter DLSM*.     ( De La Salle Montessori - toddler's school) 
I'm sure the teachers would be mighty glad.

So the toddler is ready for Easter Sunday,
But my Good Friday won't be complete,
without the solemn church mass.
Thanking the Saviour, Lord Jesus,
who died for our sins,
undoubtedly, the greatest ever...
indefatigable, sacrificial task.



No comments:

Post a Comment