Thursday, August 9, 2012

Never mix food and love!!



Even today, I am highly amused by the "lovey-dovey" sights at Bandra Bandstand.
Couples gazing into each others eyes or walking on the promenade, hand in hand.
some canoodling and cuddling on ash grey pointed rocks,
and some caught in an Hrithik-Katrina " Zindagi Naa Milegi Dobaara" style lip lock!

I am unable to understand this " Love making" for general public view,
Sometimes the sights and scenes make us walkers, squirm in embarrassment too.

"All is fair in love and war", in " Euphues", said John Lyly,
but "all is not fair when you mix food and love" let me reiterate this emphatically.

Why would I say this you may ask, but let me explain my logic,
You can't mix love and food, cause' both need to be enjoyed in unison but at the same time separate!

It's saddening to see young couples sip on two straws from a single glass of coke or pepsi,
looking into each others starlit eyes, oh so romantically.
The height of impracticality is when they share a solitary burger,
where one will take a small bite and then lovingly feed the other.
This futile exercise goes on and on till they reach the final bite,
And one will say " you have it" and the other " no you have it",
I really pity the poor on-lookers plight!
The tiny piece moves back and forth, till she says, "only if you feed me",
and when he gives her the piece, she takes it and slam-dunks it into his mouth like a basketball,
And gives a shy smile of victory!

Call me an unrealistic, impractical, hardhearted unromantic,
but when it comes to food, I will call myself "Hedonistic".
You may be madly in love but you may end up in war,  if you share  food,
and mind you such kind of sharing for a relationship, is not always good!
Because after all this romance, the boy and girl both go home hungry,
and the girl may even curse the guy for his " Kanjoosigiri"!

Thankfully my husband  is passionate about his food like me,
there will never be a dearth of romance between us,
but when it comes to a burger or any kind of food,
he'll  always order two or more and ensure he enjoys it separately!!

No comments:

Post a Comment