Tuesday, May 22, 2012

THAILAND TRAVELS Day 4

Day 4 - 22 May 2012

So today is the last day in Bangkok. Breakfast was the usual for me....there's a huge spread for breakfast but I'm happiest with pancakes and waffles soaked In chocolate sauce and Nutella, chocolate doughnuts, marble cake, apple puff pastry and a pot of coffee. Give me chocolate anytime of day and I'm happy. 
Today we visited Wat Arun - the temple of dawn, hidden in the suburbs of Bangkok. The houses reminded me of the quaint bungalows in the by lanes of Bandra. 
The temple was beautiful with lovely statues of Buddha and lovely stone carvings. 
I have fallen in love with Bangkok, it reminds me of home. The people are extremely nice and warm. Love the way they greet with a nod of the head and the namaste.  But I guess Dubai reminds me of home too. I guess it's just me then ...wherever I go I make myself feel at home ;).
Lunch was in the hotel which consisted of Spicy Papaya salad with soft shell crabs and a wok fried rice with Thai tomatoes and pork. Nigel didn't eat as was too stuffed with his breakfast which consisted of eggs, sausages, dim sums, etc etc etc.. :).
Evening we headed out to the Sathorn pier where we saw the chao phraya river. Saw a lot of carts with street food but no more street food for me. After awhile the smell kinda gets to you.
People say Bangkok is famous for shopping but didn't shop at all. Was more interested in buying artifacts and bought a statue of the reclining Buddha , a statue of the three monkeys..I guess that's all. No clothes ...no shoes nothing. 
Dinner was again in the hotel consisting of a tex Mex Thai style pizza and shrimp spring rolls with a sweet and spicy chilli sauce and a Bacardi breezer as a digestive....needed the gas to digest the food.
The way we've been eating...hope we don't return like round laughing or should I say crying buddhas!!
Tomorrow off to Kanchanaburi which is famous for the bridge on the river Kwai and has a lot of historical monuments of world war 2. 
So tonight is the last night at Lebua Bangkok ....wonderful 4 days...have enjoyed every bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment