Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happy 34 Mom and Dad!!


Nearly 4 decades ago a Parsi man met a Christian woman,
The start of a love story of two wonderful humans.
They met in a bank just like my husband and me, 
And fell in love so very instantly.
But since they were from different faiths, they did face opposition,
And there were some villains who tried to enforce a separation.
But their love for each other was so strong, that everyone did see,
And on 10th May 1978, the Parsi man and Christian woman married finally.
The above two people of whom I'm talking about,
Are my loving parents of whom I'm very proud.
They've been married to each other for 34 long years,
And been with each other through all the thick and thin,
Through happiness and tears.

When I look at my parents, I feel extremely happy,
That I've been brought up in so much love and I'm part of the Daji family.
I've never ever felt the need of a best friend,
Cause I've been able to discuss just about anything with them.
Very rarely you get such parents, with whom you can communicate so openly,
But my parents have been besides parents, my friends, my confidantes, literally.
Even now, I know my dad can still woo my mom with his fantastic wit and humour like he did yesterday,
And my mom will love and take care of my dad like the superwoman she is, in every way.
So today, I just want to wish them a very Happy Anniversary,
And may God bless them and keep them healthy,
so together they march on to anniversary number fifty!

No comments:

Post a Comment