Monday, January 2, 2012

Are you a Facebook addict?


When you wake up in the morning,do you first check Facebook,
Even before your brush your teeth and plan what to cook?
Or do you the entire day check for new posts, comments and updates,
Forgetting to finish up what's on your lunch plate?
Or do you check Facebook before you go to bed at night,
Or poke a friend before you turn off the light?

If your answer is Yes to the above questions,
You're a Facebook addict my friend, don't take tension!

Facebook for social networking is really great,
But don't make it a priority or obsession, mate!

I love to network on Facebook too,
It bridges the gap between family and friends who are in countries or cities far from you.

Its great to read posts, see photos of loved ones and funny quotes and quirks,
Facebook is a great way to relax after loads of housework.
It's a wonderful tool to wish people for Christmas, New year, Anniversaries or birthdays,
Though I still prefer the old fashioned letter writing way.

I know a Facebook addict I'm not,
I enjoy networking with friends and family only, not strangers or despots.

If I was on Facebook, the whole day on my phone,
My poor son would have no food to eat, he would be a bag of bones,
My house would be untidy and not at all neat,
I guess we'd be eating Maggi Noodles everyday
And no fish or any meat.
If on Facebook whole day I'd chat and stare,
I wouldn't have time to dust and clean,
I'd have cobwebs everywhere.

If whole day in Facebook I played Farmville,
What upbringing or values in my son would I instill?
He'd think he's on Facebook too, scribbling on walls,
Instead of playing normally, with his cars and footballs.

So people who are Facebook addicts out there,
Be aware,
Please take control of yourself,
You can make a new start by at least brushing your teeth and combing your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment