Friday, January 13, 2012

These boots are made for walking....



Finally after 12 years, bought a pair of boots.
Why 12 years, the last pair was thrown out by the parents....in their transformation of me from a scooter riding tomboy to a lady, from a duckling to a swan.
And so the search for the ideal boots began,

Three hours of intensive search in the Dubai Mall from Bally to Baldini to Kurt Geiger to Ted Baker to Timberland to Camper to God knows how many more shoe stores, I didn't find what I wanted.
Some boots were with fur, some with sequins, some too high , some typical rodeo kinda boots...some cow girl kinda boots...but none to my liking.
Finally at Caterpillar got what I liked....in fact what I wanted!
The cold tough leather against my feet ooooh what a feeling.
Why boots many would ask?
Well, boots symbolise rebellion a certain uber cool feeling.
But that was a feeling I got in college.
Now need it more as a necessity.
I think every mother and every woman should get one.
I need it more it to run after my toddler in malls and on the church ground. Tic tocks won't help in such cases...I would have broken many a heel if I ventured my marathon run in them.
Also why a necessity for other women, as boots are a very good weapon to attack the eve teasers or butt pinchers. One kick in you know where or one stamp on his toes...and the guy would see more than stars...he would see the entire galaxy.
So ladies if you don't have one, go get a pair, you'll feel like you're taking a walk in the clouds once you wear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment