Thursday, January 12, 2012

Do you cry when you watch movies?


Do you cry when you watch movies?
I do not know whether this question is applicable to the Boys as supposedly 'Boys don't cry'.

But we Women do and I do for sure!
I get so involved in a movie that if there is a touching sentimental scene or a death scene...I cry my eyeballs out..red nose,water from nose and all. I'm the butt of all jokes when it comes to crying while watching movies. Everyone laughs!

I remember as a kid, Hindi movies in which Amitabh Bachan acted as a hero and died in the end made me cry, like Sholay, Deewar, Muqaddar ka Sikandar..
But now grown up so have a longer list..

A short list of 10 movies which have made me bawl.....

1. Barsaat ( old) with Rakhee, Rekha and Shashi Kapoor...not going to give you the story here...but this movie made me cry a lot..especially the end. It was so funny, as Nigel had called at the same time and he wondered what was wrong and had a good laugh when I told him why.
Watch this movie for a good cry.

2. Kuch Kuch Hota Hain - I find it a stupid movie...many love this movie. But the scene where Shahrukh practises his proposal lines on Kajol for Rani kinda made me get all emotional.

3. Forrest Gump - now that's one touchy movie. I normally cry at the Tom Hanks - Robin Wright union and separation. This movie justifies crying...it's beautiful.

4. The boy in the striped pyjamas - another superb movie which moved me to tears. A must watch.

5. Rockstar - when Ranbir cried I cried too. Loved this movie, it was a different musical love story.

6. Swan - an old English movie starring Grace Kelly and Luc Besson. A story of a princess falling in love with a professor. What a beautiful movie. Can't compare a Raja Hindustani to that...I was moved to giggles when watching the baby fly from Karishma Kapoors arms to Aamir's.

7. Hum Dil de chuke Sanam - another super Hindi movie. I think love stories make me cry.
Because in my love story made my husband cry hehehe...

8. Ghosts not the Shiny Ahuja one..though I feel like crying when I see him..but the Demi Moore- Patrick Swayze one. Especially when the ' Unchained Melody' plays in the background.

9. Masoom - the Shekhar Kapoor one with Jugal and Urmila as child actors and Shabana and Naseeruddin Shah. That was a lovely movie too.

10. Koi Mil Gaya - I love Hrithik Roshan and he made me cry in this movie. This was a better remake than E.T..at least Jadoo didn't look frightening.

There are more movies which make me cry...but there are movies like Ra-one, No strings attached, Kites etc..which make me cry for wasting money on buying those DVDs and time on watching them.
I'm sure like me, all you out there would have a list of movies which make you cry...write about it...it'll make you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment