Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bed Woes.....

This Afternoon Mikhail slept on his own car bed finally,
Taking his pillow along and his favourite Teddy.

Today it was me and the bed, just the two of us
I could sleep the way I wanted, without any fuss!

I could sleep horizontally, vertically with my arms open wide,
I didn't have to worry about my son's feet or head buried in my stomach, near my knees or my thighs!
I didn't have to be a trapeze artist or do a balancing act, 
With Mikhail sticking to me like a haversack on my aching back!

After ages, I had a bed all for me,
Before marriage it was the brother who slept diagonally,
After marriage in Mumbai, it was the husband who took more than half of the bed,
And I was stuck to a wall where I often bumped my head!

So you can understand why I am ecstatically happy,
Having a bed all to myself is indeed a rare luxury!
But I often wonder when we move from three to four,
I'll have to keep a mattress down below
Just in case I'm pushed by the other three Rangels 
Thud....onto the cold hard floor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment