Sunday, February 26, 2012

Homemaker!! I'm lovin'it -a day in my life


When I was a working professional I used to wonder,
what these housewives sit at home all day and do,
Chilling and relaxing, maybe watch a "Saas Bahu" serial or two,
But now, that I am on the other side of the fence,
I take back my words and stand in a housewife's defense ,
Cause' a day in the life of homemaker is not relaxing at all,
It's not only using your husband's credit cards at the supermarket or the shopping mall!!

Luckily my morning starts with a cup of hot ginger tea,
Prepared by the husband, now that's indeed an everyday luxury.
But with a toddler around, there isn't really much rest,
With a bath in a jiffy, In jeans and a tee, i quickly get dressed.
Pack the husband's lunch, pray and bid him good bye,
Ensure like a Bharatiya nari, he's taken his wallet, suit and tie.
Then there's the meals to be cooked for the toddler and the two of us,
if it's my lucky day, Toddler gulps it down without a fuss.
But if it's not, then I've to come up with a new concoction,
That will match up to his taste and his satisfaction.
After cooking, there's always a lot of washing to do,
Followed by bathing Mikhail and changing his Pamper if he's made one of his gigantic poos!!
Then there's the vacuuming, mopping, dusting, and what not,
Making up the beds , cleaning the bath tub and the toilet pot.

I could go on and on and on about my domesticated life,
But there's lots more from a positive side.
I get a chance to spend quality time with my son,
To explore and experiment new hobbies, new dishes, things which I hadn't done.
I am able to give more time to my family and my friends,
To communicate, listen and even a helping hand lend.
I love being a "homemaker", I'm really lovin' it,
Don't miss being a banker, not one single bit.
Hats off to all homemakers and working women too,
God made us multi-taskers, no man can do it better,
than what we women do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment