Friday, February 17, 2012

Why do we have names when we are 'Pet Named'!!

I sometimes wonder why I was first christened Charmaine,
If only I knew I was going to be rechristened again with a pet name!!
My family back home calls me at times "Charmuuu"
Which makes me feels like an Udupi Restaurant waiter,
 with a napkin on his shoulder named "Ramu"!
And friends sometimes call me "Charms" or " Charmzz"
Which I don't mind at all,
 cause' I maybe be for them a lucky charm or Talisman!!

When the husband came onto the scene he renamed me " Cutes"
Which was better than babe when we first met, 
thought he meant babe the pig, which was contradictory to how I looked!

When my brother was born and poor fella was born bald,
To his nightmare "Taklu" he was often called!
And he is called "Taklu" even till today,
Though the handsome guy has a thick crop as thick as hay!!

Now my son Mikhail is often renamed Mickey,
Poor fellow he may have big ears, 
but no way resembles the mouse from Walt Disney!!

There are people who are called Chinky and Pinky or Lovely or Bubbly,
which I find  different from their personalities and extremely funny!!
But who am I to make fun of names or pet names,
When I live in a glass house myself, 
I shouldn't throw stones on other's window panes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment