Sunday, February 12, 2012

RIP Whitney!!




Got a shock to hear Whitney Houston's no more
No one can sing the way she sang for more than two decades or so.
This multimillion selling singer emerged in the eighties as one of her generations greatest R & B voices,
Sadly spoiling it all, with cocaine and an abusive marriage,
Unfortunately making the wrong choices.

Whitney was strikingly beautiful with talent beyond compare, 
with a voice so scintillating, so pure so rare.
Her voice would give me goosebumps especially when she sang 'I will always love you',
She sang it better than Dolly Parton....I'm sure you thought that too.
I remember in the 80s &90s, my generation listened to her songs,
Her ' I wanna dance with somebody' would make us dance along.

Whitney Houston was a Diva and what a Diva she was,
She's featured in the Guinness book as the female singer with the maximum awards.
Yes indeed she deserved it and very rightly so,
It's sad she lived only till 48 ...it's sad she is no more.

I'm sure she'll be singing and entertaining all the Gods above,
With Gospel songs from 'The Preacher's Wife' and her hit 'My love is your love'!
So Rest in Peace dear Whitney, may God grant you eternal rest,
You will always be loved and remembered as the singing greatest and the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment