Wednesday, December 7, 2011

'Bai'bylicous'


Today was watching the trailer of 'Ghosts' starring our Shiny,
remember how he raped his 'kaamwali bai',
I found it disgustingly funny.
He must have been in a bad state,
To release his frustrations on his 'bechaari bai' in such haste.

But on a more serious note, when I think of 'bais'
I think of the three angels who came into my life.

I remember when I moved back home from mom's place after giving birth to my son,
I was a little worried as had to manage alone, my little one.
But God was so good to me, he sent me help in the form of Two Angels, Clara- the nanny and the cook - Bharti.

I was already blessed with angel number One,
My domestic help - the efficient Suman.
Suman was a petite lady in her mid fifties,
Her pleasant demeanour and smile,
could put you in an instant at ease.
She would sweep and swob and make the house 'chakachak',
To have help like her was really my good luck.

My second angel - the talkative Bharti,
With her bright coloured, cheerful saris,
Would run in as soon as I opened the door,
And take my lil' one in her arms,
Calling him 'Soniya soniya' and he smiling for more.
Her food was extremely tasty,
Especially her aloo parathas, poha,
pulaos and steaming Khichdi.
She cooked whatever I asked,
And never made it seem an impossible task.

The last but not the least Clara, who looked after my lil' one with utmost love and care,
Made my son look like a hero and even styled his hair.
She cleaned and cooked for him healthy soups and Nachni,
And sang to him lullabies in her Goan Konkani.

Yes, everything was not always hunky-dory,
they all have bunked and for silly reasons taken leaves,
But with them I could leave my house and son without any tension or worry.

They were honest and extremely good to me,
I'll never ever forget them,
these three wonderful ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment