Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Memories of Grandma


I think this is a week of nostalgia,
Of late I've been thinking of my beloved grandma,
whom we all so fondly called 'Nana',

What suddenly made me think of her?
Its Christmas, a sweet making time,
And I'll be making 'kulkuls' for the very first time this year,
It brought back memories of the good ole' days,
When these lovely 'kulkuls' she would make.

And not just kulkuls, but all types of food,
Be it fish and chicken curries, dhansak, banana fritters,
Oh they all tasted so good.

I'll never forget those days when I got back from school,
Her lovely tea and snacks would make my mouth drool.

I still remember how after I got back from work, we would watch ' Tom and Jerry'
And she enjoyed it thoroughly despite being eighty.

She loved parties and was a foodie too,
She loved feeding people and no music for her was loud ,
as she'd listen and enjoy it as much as you.

She was always well dressed, with her nails and eyebrows always done,
And continued to ask for the beautician till she was 81.
I still miss my 'Nana' a lot,
The way she looked after us is still fresh in our thoughts.

Memories of you, Nana, will never fade away,
One day we will meet again and celebrate together Christmas day.

No comments:

Post a Comment