Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My love letter to Food


Food you are one of my favourite things,
To me happiness and joy you surely bring.
You are a great comforter in times of sadness,
And needed most to celebrate moments of gladness.

You could be a bowl of hot lentils and steaming white rice,
The combination of the two is satisfying,
But fried fish and pickle with it,
could surely add some lovely spice.

You could be scrambled eggs on toast or croissants with strawberry jam or butter,
Just the thought of you makes my heart go a flutter.

Pasta, Shwarmas, Chicken curry ,American chopsuey,
You could be of any nationality,
Be it Chinese,Indian or Pakistani,
Just the tastes of you, makes me go through bouts of insanity.

And if you are a dessert, OH MY GOD,
After having too much of you, I end up well rounded and broad.
Jalebis, gulab jamuns, gajar halwa,rasmalai,
Tiramisus, carrot cakes, cheese cakes,
Oh my, my....
You could be just plain chocolate,
Toblerone, Twix or Mars,
Just eating one of you, makes me feel like a soft cloud afloat with the stars.

Oh Food you are an 'orgasmic' delight,
But I can't have too much of you,
You're spoiling me and fattening me up,
Please do understand my plight.

No comments:

Post a Comment