Monday, December 19, 2011

Funny Animal-human similarity



Last week visited the
Al Ain zoo,
Suddenly it struck me...,
There's a funny similarity between animals and humans,
ain't it true.

Wild dogs reminded me of some women in our Mumbai local trains,
barking and shouting and using foul language, from which shamelessly they do not refrain.

A tall giraffe reminded me of ole' school me,
A backbencher I always was, being one of the tallest girls in class you see.

And when I saw the Cheetah,
I thought of the 'Masoom' actress Urmila,
Skimpy clad, running on the beach in a scene from the Movie 'Rangeela'.

The wild cats made me think of our bollywood female actors,
who are all out to claw each other down, with their slithering moves and purrs.

The lion seemed to be more of an Amitabh Bachan than a Manmohan Singh,
who with his personality and baritone, is indeed the Bollywood Badshah and acting king.

Manmohan Singh on the other hand reminded me of an owl staring helplessly into the night,
Tensions of the Lokpal bill clouding his mind and also the FDI in retail plight.

Veena Malik reminded me of a burrowing mongoose, hiding from the media and scribes for her infamous pose in the nude.

Our politicians resembled the hyenas out there,
Who are all ready to pounce on CM, MP or PM's chair.
Like hungry hyenas fighting for meat,
our hungry netas are fighting for Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha seats.

White tiger a species so rare, reminds me of a saint so clean and pure, unlike the babas and sadhus like Ramdev everywhere.

This is what went through my mind at the zoo,
Humans are similar to animals, don't you think so too.

No comments:

Post a Comment